Friday, April 7, 2017

Week Nine Day Two: Spinal Fusion Vs. MAGEC Rods

So as this week's coming to a close, I will not be here next week and posting as I am going to Hawaii! I'm very excited.

Now looking at my data, I thought I had a set number but apparently I was wrong. It's very late in the project, so I cannot try and change anything about it, but there are some things I realized:

For scoliosis, there two surgeries, the spinal fusion for kids that are fully grown, and the MAGEC rod system for kids that are still growing. If I shaped my question to "scoliosis surgeries" I would have 13 data points rather than the 9 I have now, and they would include more complications and a better way of analysis.

I'm trying to find a way to get more data if I can, but the project is so near over it seems very difficult.

I made a post early about the MAGEC rods so you can go check it out.

I hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kayla,

    Can the MAGEC rod system correct the spinal curvature of a developing child and then get removed? Or are the rods permanently installed?

    ReplyDelete